Bouldering in Joshua Tree

Bouldering in Joshua Tree
Ronnie 15 feet off deck on the classic White Rastafarian.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

studio time

Hey everyone!  School is getting really crazy so I haven't been making videos or posting like I want..  I'm in the ceramic fine arts program at the University of Florida.  As an art major, you have to study all of the areas of art like drawing, painting, sculpture, and digital, but I've decided to pursue ceramic sculpture.  After I graduate I plan on traveling to study with established artists to prepare myself for a graduate program.  I would really like to travel to Japan so I'm taking two Japanese language course over the summer and possibly going to Osaka at the end of the summer.

The semester is coming to a close.  Projects are due.  My sleep schedule is all over the place!  I stayed up all night on Monday and napped through some classes and then stayed in the studio all night last night.  I slept from 9 am - 12 pm ish??  It's rough but you just have to bite the bullet.

There aren't that many challenges being a bk amputee artist.  I think the only problem I've come across so far is spending too many hours in my leg.  It's just like taking off your shoes at the end of a long night, it gives your feet a rest and you might even notice some red spots where there was some excess pressure.  Well same thing with wearing a prosthetic, I have some pressure points that start to bother me, especially after sitting for a long time.


Here's a video that show's some of the work I've been doing for my studio classes.  Check it out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZa1CI7_V8M

Here's some past artwork-





No comments:

Post a Comment