Bouldering in Joshua Tree

Bouldering in Joshua Tree
Ronnie 15 feet off deck on the classic White Rastafarian.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Amputee Profile - Justin Gaertner

A few weeks ago I participated in the first annual Winter's Beachfest 5k in Clearwater, Fl. I had a really good race and took second place in my age group! Aside from running myself I got to meet a guy by the name of Justin Gaertner. Justin was serving our country over in Iraq and was injured, causing him to lose both of his legs above the knee. His injury happened just before Thanksgiving, and after six months of rehab he got his prosthetic legs. He had only had his legs for a little over a month, and was just released to his home in New Port Ritchey, Fl but although having never walked anything close to the distance, he felt up to walking his first mile on his new prosthetic legs. It was one of the most inspiring things I have seen in a long time. I wish Justin the best and no doubt he will go on to accomplish anything he puts his mind to. Check out the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment