Bouldering in Joshua Tree

Bouldering in Joshua Tree
Ronnie 15 feet off deck on the classic White Rastafarian.

Friday, January 20, 2012

2012 has kicked off in full swing!

Hey Guys, forever since I have posted. Lots of exciting things have been going on. I recently took my last certification exam for prosthetics, and should have news that I am officially a certified prosthetist sometime in the next month or so.

In November I was accepted to the Athletes with Disabilities Network Hall of Fame! Really honored to be a recipient.
Getting accepted into the Athletes w/ Disabilities Network Hall of Fame in November.


My job at Prosthetic and Orthotic Associates has been going great! We are currently expanding from a 5,000 square foot facility into a 22,000 square foot facility and will be incorporating an amputee training facility and our silicone manufacturing plant all under the same roof! We will officially be one of the biggest prosthetics facilities in the nation.

The building plans


I have been training hard for a couple of climbing goals in 2012.

The first is the V10 project. I am working on becoming the first amputee to boulder the V10 difficulty grade. First stop on the tour is Hueco Tanks in the beginning of February! The bouldering style there fits me perfectly so I am hoping I find some hard boulders to romp around on.
Slashface (V3) is one boulder from the past I am hoping to make it back to this year.

I will also be representing the United States in the second World Paraclimbing Championship, to be held in Paris, France in September. When bouldering season is over I will have to get my endurance up!

Lastly 2012 will be an exciting time in adaptive climbing. I am hosting clinics in Joshua Tree National Park, Brooklyn Boulders in NYC, Planet Rock in Ann Arbor through the University of Michigan, and "The Gunks" to round out the year.
The group at last year's Joshua Tree event.

Anyways this is a quick post before I get out of the office for the day! Excited to be back up and going in the blog scene and I hope everybody has been having good success working towards their goals in 2012.

Take it easy!

Ronnie

No comments:

Post a Comment